Sunday, June 16, 2013

How do you like your turnips?

I went to the farmers market on Saturday morning in search of vegetables. I chose something I've never cooked before: turnips. I also grabbed some radishes that looked so pretty!  I decided to add in some other root vegetables (sweet potatoes and parsnips) and roast them.

Here they are before:

Then I peeled some of them. 

And chopped them all into small, (mostly) uniform pieces. 

 
Then I arranged them in a single layer on my glass baking dish. 


I added some olive oil, garlic cloves, pepper and salt. 


I baked them at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, then stirred them up a bit and put them back in for ten more minutes. 


YUM!!! 

I ate some for dinner, and I'm saving the rest for tomorrow.  :) 


Next time I think I'll make a bigger batch!  



2 comments:

Kristy Homan said...

YUMMY!!! Nice photos!

Amanda MacB said...

That looks good! I am terrible about vegetables b/c I never know what or how to do - and you can only eat broccoli and green beans so many times before you get sick of them.